Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Belize... Less than two months!!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009


Some have been asking... yes I am going to Punta Gorda, Belize! I will be leaving on March 30th and returning April 7th. I am so excited! We are shipping our supplies in about two weeks so getting everything ready is making it all more "real." Yesterday, my friend and classmate K, helped the trip tremendously by salvaging some would be thrown away IV tubing from her clinical site. The hospital was changing over to a new system and she grabbed what was going to go to waste and brought them to me. Traditionally, I am told our group does about 50 cases each year. K found 160+ packs of IV tubing! Enough for three years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so blessed to be able to participate in such a wonderful group that has been established for so long and to have such wonderful mentors that have so much experience in surgical missions.

We covet your prayers both now in our preparation as well as when we are serving the Lord and the people of Belize.

Love Always,
MB

0 comments:

 
Counting Zzzs. Design by Pocket