Well, it has been awhile...
Clinical has been an amazing experience so far. Though I am sure little of this means anything. I have gotten to do 2 Pheochromocytomas, a Bier Block, and countless other exciting things. I really feel like I am starting to settle in to my "routine." Surprisingly I am really enjoying giving kids anesthesia. We talk about the funny smell in the scuba mask that they have to wear while we go see Sponge Bob, then I sing the Sponge Bob song as they breath the gas and drift off to dreaming.
I am very excited about an opportunity that I have been blessed with. For a little over a week in March/April I will be participating in a surgical mission trip to Punta Gorda, Belize. Please pray for this trip and the people we will be working with while we are there. I have been so blessed, there is a scholarship fund available for Samford anesthesia students who want to participate in mission trips. This will reimburse us for my entire expense!! What a mighty God we serve!
Tom is doing well, after a brief period of frustration at work, he is happy and teaching the other members of the staff about this new software that is being tested this year and will be in full swing next year. Now he is sitting in the Atlanta airport waiting on a plane to go to the Fraud conference with his dad. They are going to Boston, which I can somewhat handle better than last year. Last year they went to Disney World (while I was in Pharmacology and Gross Anatomy) and never went to a park, never saw Mickey, the only thing they rode was the bus! What a Waste!!!
Bama is doing well. He lays around making sure the tiles stay on the floor. Despite his busy schedule he is always willing to escort me on my walks and bring back any ball or frisbee that I may throw across the yard.
That's all from our little spot in Moody, Alabama.
Long time no post....
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment